Saturday, March 6, 2010

An early morning. I wake up before six a.m. weekdays to go to work and can't seem to change my schedule much on the weekends . . . but this promises to be a warm, spring-like weekend so it's good to be up and about.

Still a lot to accomplish over the next few days. I intend to finish reading and deciding on stories for the Awesome Authors contest. My latest manuscript is now 23,000 words long and ideas are starting to flow. I'm aiming for 500 words a day, but don't always make it, finding little spaces of time to write. I'm at the stage now when I'm wondering if the story is going to come together. I haven't yet hit the period of thinking it's all a load of rubbish as I do with every book. Something to look forward to . . . The trick is to keep writing through the times of self-doubt and to ignore the critical self hovering over the keyboard.

I'm reading a good book - the second inthe Stieg Larsson trilogy called The Girl Who Played With Fire. The first is The Girl With the Dragon Tattoo. Stieg wrote about corruption in Sweden in these murder mysteries and ended up dying, some argue suspiciously, of a heart attack in his early fifties. These books are well worth a read and have received much international critical acclaim.

Highlight of the week: Katherine Hobbs posting my info on Wikipedia. Very cool to be part of the encylopedia as it feels like a milestone - one of the most exciting moments for me was when I saw my first book on Amazon. It's all about having the impossible become real.

No comments:

Post a Comment