Friday, May 14, 2010

The weeks sure go fast.

But this is my favourite time. Friday, home from work, with a weekend ahead.

My daughter Lisa's article was in the Wednesday Globe and Mail. A lot of people have told me how much they like the story - I think it is a terrific bit of writing, but I'll let you be the judge. (The link won't copy here so I'll try to attach when I post this in Facebook.) Lisa, I'm proud of you kid.

I wrote a bit but probably read more this week. For those of you looking for a good read, Harlan Coben is an American thriller writer and one of the best, in my humble opinion. He spins good suspense with likable protagonists. I just finished reading Long Lost, published March 2010 - hot off the press, as they say. Anyhow, Harlan is the reason I didn't write as much as I should have this week. I have to say that I'd never heard of him before I went to Bouchercon (mystery writers' conference) in Baltimore two years ago. He was on a panel and an engaging speaker with one of those fine senses of humour. I've since read a few of his books and enjoyed them. If our paths ever cross again, I think he owes me a beer for this fine review of his work :-)

Well, almost time to wander down to the local pub with my husband for a bite to eat served up by out youngest daughter. Since she moved out last summer, we look forward to seeing her at her place of work . . . and it doesn't hurt that she's now waiting on us. Sometimes, life has these full-circle moments.

No comments:

Post a Comment