Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Sweeping the Province


A lot has gone on since my last chat. You probably noted the new look of my blog - it goes hand in hand with the look of my new website, which will be online later this week. Time, technology and fashion stand still for no one.
The reason I've been somewhat absent from the keyboard has to do with the sport of curling. Last weekend, Ted and my youngest daughter Julia and I were in a city-wide mixed bonspiel. It was seven games in four days that saw us 'B' side runners-up. But this little success was nothing compared to that of our daughter Lisa who curled in the Ontario provincials in Thornhill all last week with the Rachel Homan squad. They emerged victorious and will represent our province at the Scotties in Charlottetown the week of February 19th - we spent five days watching the tournament unfold and these girls made their families and friends very proud. (Our neighbours too, as they toilet-papered our house and hooked out lights to spell out Scotties on our front lawn before we came home.) We can't wait to see the team pitted against the top ladies curlers in the country. You can follow along on TSN! (If they win, I don't know what shenanigans the neighbours will get up to.)
Now back to earth.
I finished my sequel to The Second Wife and am waiting for feedback from the publisher. I'm taking a little break before getting back to a manuscript I started last year. The break won't be too long though as I have to review the first round of edits for my fall release Second Chances. The cover is done and maybe I'll be able to show it to you next week.
In Winter's Grip got a very good review by Don Graves in the Hamilton Spectator, but just in the print version. You'll be able to read it when my new website goes online. So many teasers in this blog post. Did I also tell you that you can read the first chapter of The Second Wife on Orca's website? Check out
http://orcabook.com/rapid-reads.com/secondwife.html (Click on the green icon that puts it into full screen mode.
One more bit of promo - a podcast interview from the fall of me discussing the Jennifer Bannon mysteries can be found at
Well, it's time to catch up on e-mails, sleep and all that's been left unattended to. I'll be back to blogging next weekend at the regular time. Until then, I'll be steering clear of curling rinks . . . at least for a day or two.

No comments:

Post a Comment