Saturday, February 23, 2013

Interlude

Well, it's been an exciting week in Kingston, watching the Scotties playdowns. Our Rachel Homan rink finished the round robin in second place with a record of ten wins and one loss. They will play in the one-two game against Jennifer Jones, Team Manitoba, who finished the round robin undefeated. It promises to be a nail-biter. The third and fourth place teams, B.C. and Team Canada, play off today as well and the winner moves on to play the loser of the one-two game. The winner of that one plays in the final on Sunday evening. Sounds complicated, but it means Team Homan has two cracks at making the Sunday final. They're looking strong.

I've spent my mornings reading Awesome Authors' stories - all 200 of them!  I'm almost through these ones and will await the scanned entries. I've created a shortlist for each age group and will reread these ones to pick the winners. Needless to say, I haven't had a chance to do any writing this week, but will be back at it this upcoming weekend. I'm carving out some time to finish the Dundurn manuscript, my next goal. I heard from the Grass Roots publisher and she is hoping that I can write the Anna Sweet sequel this spring. That is my next, next goal.

It's been great to spend the week in Kingston, where my current manuscript is set. The weather here is changeable and damp with a cold wind blowing off Lake Ontario. I lived here for a year when I went to teacher's college and had forgotten how bitterly cold that wind can be while the slush and ice make walking treacherous. Like most Canadian cities and towns, Kingston is a much better summer destination.

Anyhow, some good curling ahead this weekend and then home and back at the writing desk. I'm looking forward to both.  Wishing everyone a good week . . . .

No comments:

Post a Comment