Saturday, June 8, 2013

Ships Are Coming In

This has been a very good week.

I completed the manuscript for Grass Roots Press - this is the sequel to My Sister's Keeper, the mystery for adult literacy or those wanting a quick, fun read. It was requested by the end of June so I was nearly a month ahead of the game. I hadn't thought much about a title but The Hard Fall popped into my head and seemed to work. I stuck it on and let the publisher know that I was open to other titles. I sent the manuscript to Pat electronically on Monday night. This is the hard part - waiting for feedback. I didn't have to wait long. Thursday, I received an e-mail with the header "I love it". Pat also called it "gripping". The other good news is that she intends to publish it in September along with My Sister's Keeper. She has also requested another couple of books in the series for next year. The Hard Fall is now with an editor and designer, so I'm looking forward to seeing the cover idea soon.

Happy Dance.

Also on Thursday, I received a second e-mail. This one concerned the sequel to Cold Mourning, which I'd submitted to Dundurn over a month ago. These are full-length police procedurals for adults. The feedback to this one was also excellent. Allister is going to get the contract started. This one has a lot of subplot threads, which Allister said come together nicely. I can't wait for you to read these ones too.

So, four books now in the works.

Yesterday, Jennifer sent her edits in track changes to me for Cold Mourning. I have a week to go through them and to make any of my own. She said that she enjoyed the book and is hoping the series continues . . . which it does! Guess what I'll be doing as soon as I publish this blog post?

I'm taking a little break from writing to clean up my office, do some gardening and catch up with friends. I have to admit though, I've been sketching out the next Anna Sweet mystery on a piece of paper. I can't wait to get back at it.

But for now, another cup of coffee and then a day of editing. Then, I'll see you in my garden if you should happen by.






No comments:

Post a Comment