Saturday, February 22, 2014

Cold Mourning in the Stores!

I was expecting my author copies of Cold Mourning to arrive on my doorstep this week, but so far, the package has not arrived. I see that the book is now available on Amazon and sales are looking encouraging. My publicist sent along an e-mail to say that iTunes has given the book a 'brick' on its sales page. If you've never heard this term before, you are not alone. A brick is a larger icon and mine is sandwiched between Denise Mina and James Patterson. This book business can still give a thrill:-)

As those of you who follow the blog know, I am heading to Left Coast Crime in Monterey, California in late March. As an author, you attend these conventions to introduce readers to your work and to make connections in the book industry, including making friendships with other authors. The conventions have a series of activities going on throughout a three- or four-day span. Author panels are a staple of each day. I've received my assignment - two panels, both filled with fabulous authors:

THURSDAY 2:30 - 3:15

Bobbies vs. Mounties: A California Cop Mediates Brit & Canadian Police Procedural Writers

Kathy Bennett (Moderator)
Brenda Chapman
Ann Cleeves
Deborah Crombie
Louise Penny

and

FRIDAY 4:00 - 4:45

What’s Cooking North of the Border? Canadian Mystery Writers

Jane Petersen Burfield (Moderator)
Cathy Ace
Brenda Chapman
Erika Chase
Loraine Fowlow

These are going to be great fun. Louise Penny is the International Guest of Honour so I'm quite honoured to be on a panel with her.

I'll be arriving two days early and am booked into the Big Sur tour up the coastline. I've never been to California and am really excited to see this section of the country. I'll be spending an extra day in San Francisco before flying home . . . I'll be sure to blog along the way.

And my writing pace has picked up on the latest manuscript. Having a June deadline is giving me new energy. I'll make the 40,000 word count this weekend and then will be sliding into the second half of the book. I feel like an Olympian on a marathon run. A marathon run that is taking a full year.

Good weekend everyone.


No comments:

Post a Comment