Saturday, December 13, 2014

The Season is in Full Swing

Fa la la la la
la la
la la

Ted came with me to the Capital Crime Writers annual Christmas dinner, held this year at a fine little Italian restaurant named Tavola. We'd booked the entire restaurant for the evening, which came complete with a snowstorm raging outside, another tradition for our yearly get together. After dinner, my good friend and fellow crime writer Mary Jane Maffini introduced me as the guest speaker...


Then she began the interview...


And lastly, a short reading from Cold Mourning...



It was a lovely evening - good food, good friends and a lot of laughter. Thank you to Capital Crime Writers for the kind invitation.

I received word yesterday from Grass Roots Press that my copies of A Model Death are in the post! With Buttertly Kills being released by Dundurn in another month, I'm feeling a little bit of excitement in my belly. Both series are doing well although the audience is slightly different. Pat Campbell, Grass Roots publisher, tells me that they are making great inroads in the U.S. market and will be attending a couple of major American literacy conferences in 2015. Apparently, librarians are loving the books.

So today, it's buy the Christmas tree, put it up and decorate, along with make a trip to buy the Christmas wine and other spirits. My daughter Lisa is curling in Yorkton, Saskatchewan today in quarter finals at six this evening so all aiming to settle in and watch curling on TV periodically this weekend as well. Also, hoping to also get in some writing Sunday between one last trip out for gift-buying and baking cookies for a holiday work luncheon. Tis the season to be very, very busy. I best get this day underway. Good week, everyone.

No comments:

Post a Comment