Saturday, April 4, 2015

Easter Long Weekend

Ta da!

I'm quite in love with this new cover by Dundurn designer Courtney Horner - such a creative design and most intruiging. This one is out in January 2016 with the editing to start next month.

For the manuscript I'm currently working on, I've run off the first 42,000 words and am going through the draft to make sure all is hanging together. I've also spent a lot of time thinking up a title for this one and think I hit on it this morning as I woke up. I checked on Amazon and this title hasn't been used so I'll run it by my editor. Coincidently, all of the Stonechild and Rouleau books have two-word titles - not by any planning on my part - and now we think that this should continue.

So last week after reading my blog, Ted informed me that I had another month to get my tax information in to the accountant as I falsely believed that filing date was April 1st., which is the end of the fiscal year at work. I was relieved enough to put my feet up and ignore  the paperwork another week. Yesterday,the guilt got to me and  I forced myself to spend the day sorting and recording and am almost ready to take my folder to the accountant. I don't know about you, but I loathe tax time. Every year, I promise myself I will be more organized earlier. Every year, I fail miserably.

I had two guest blog posts to write for May and wrote both this week in my spare time. I've submitted one and want to have a last go at the second. I also got a request from Chapters Barrhaven for a signing of my kids' books and we've agreed on Saturday, May 30.  I have to submit all of the upcoming events to Dundurn and update my website....on the to-do list. I would like to redo my website so if you are a designer or know of one, send the contact info along. Could be fun.

Easter weekend and we went from 12 degrees yesterday, sitting on the neighbours' verandah drinking wine in the sun late afternoon, to snow this morning. We were to be four for supper tomorrow but are now nine - Ted will be barbecuing a bourbon-orange glazed ham and I'll be scalloping potates and whipping up a couple of lemon meringue pies. A feast with family and friends will make us forget about the cold and snow and tax time.

Have a wonderful Easter, everyone and relaxing week ahead.

No comments:

Post a Comment