Friday, April 8, 2016

Launching Tumbled Graves and Winning Cheese

Two weeks since my last update, but life has been busy since retirement...making up for lost time:-) I was in an all-day curling bonspiel last Saturday in Winchester, and then the Tumbled Graves launch on Sunday. A fun weekend all around. We managed to win a few pounds of cheese, steaks and shrimp at the Winchester spiel, so a filling start to the weekend, and then, a good crowd and lots of books sales to cap it off. A huge thank you to Books on Beechwood (Hilary and Bridget who came out on a Sunday), and the staff at Whispers Pub, who took excellent care of us. Alex Brett was a brilliant MC and such a great support always. Alex has penned two mysteries, the first of which is Cold Dark Matter, and you should get your hands on a copy for a really good read. I also want to thank my friend Fred Taylor, who took some great photos of the event, and Graham Law who stepped in early on and took some pictures with my camera.

Just a bit of news. The Ottawa International Writers Festival is fast approaching with a terrific lineup. I hope to see you at the Scene of the Crime panel on Sunday, April 17 at 8:30 p.m. at Christ Church Cathedral on Sparks Street. John Lawton, Joy Fielding, Linwood Barclay, moi and moderator Barbara Fradkin....it's not to be missed! I was pleasantly delighted to have the festival's Artistic Director Sean Wilson recommend my book  today on CTV Ottawa News at Noon along with some other festival picks. You can watch the video and get some spring book ideas for your list.

I'm also going to be signing Tumbled Graves at Coles Carlingwood on Saturday, April 23 from 11:15 a.m. to 1:15 p.m. if you're still looking for a copy.

I've been working all week on book stuff -- finished editing my latest Anna Sweet, which is entitled No Trace and out later this year from Grass Roots Press. That took some to-ing and fro-ing but laid to bed now and awaiting the cover concepts. I also spent hours working on an author grid for Dundurn, which helps with marketing. This weekend, at last, down to some writing time!

So without further ado, here are some pics from the launch. It was a most happy afternoon:-)






No comments:

Post a Comment