Saturday, July 16, 2016

Writing Through July

Good morning, everyone and it is a beautiful morning in Ottawa. Warm but the humidity dissipated last evening with a good dousing of rain.

I had a busy week at my computer to make the Friday editing deadline for Shallow End. The manuscript looks to be in good shape, thanks to the good work of the copy editor Shari Rutherford, who happens to know the city of Kingston very well - helpful to get all the details right.

I managed little writing on the current manuscript and will start back on that today. I'm at a stage where I'm trying to work out the plot line for the second half of the book.

I spent a lovely evening yesterday with a local book club who invited me for supper at Biagio's restaurant where we talked about Tumbled Graves over wine and pasta. They'd each read the book and everyone enjoyed it, even those who weren't fond of mysteries as a rule. I thoroughly enjoyed my visit and answering all their questions which ranged from my writing process to the road to publication to selecting a book title. Thank you to Brenda Clement for inviting me and to all the ladies for such an enjoyable evening and for your enthusiasm for the Stonechild series!


I received an invitation from Carol Anne Meehan to be on her 1300 News  radio show and we've settled on Wednesday, August 3. I'm looking forward to talking about the books with her as well as my interview with Lisa Lasco in a couple of weeks on Superior Morning on CBC radio in Thunder Bay. I'm also booked for Ellie's Read on Ottawa on Cable 22 with filming the end of August. Lots going on!

So back to the coffee pot for another cup before I get started on the writing. I'm reinvigorated after visiting the book club and receiving all their positive feedback - one of the best parts of this writing business :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment