Saturday, October 15, 2016

Half-way Through October

The autumn beauty keeps on coming in the Ottawa Valley. One great thing about working on your own schedule is the freedom it allows you to go places when others are slaving away at work, thus avoiding the crowds. Ted and I took a drive into Gatineau park on Tuesday afternoon - traffic was light and the trees were glorious. The first shot (for those of you who can't make it out) is Champlain Lookout and the rest are from our walk through the woods.

I'm going to be at Chapters Gloucester this coming Saturday, October 22 from 1:00-4:00 p.m. signing copies of the Stonechild and Rouleau series. Come by and say hello - I can personalize copies for Christmas gifts if you are planning ahead.

I'm also organizing a date to go to Toronto to meet the actress taping the audio books and to sit in on a session. This will take place around the end of the month since taping will go on for a month or so and begins in two weeks. I have to complete recording the names of characters in Butterfly Kills this week since the schedule has this book being taped before Cold Mourning.

Writing this week: slow and stop. I worked my plot into a corner and had to figure out how to reveal a killer and make it seem plausible. I think I've managed it and will plow ahead this week.

On the accident front (or those following our mishaps), the insurance company has written off my car and I await the settlement while Ted has begun physiotherapy on his hand with the severed (now attached) tendon. He's getting quite adept with his left hand although cutting meat and tying shoes continue to challenge :-)

Happy and safe week everyone!




No comments:

Post a Comment