Saturday, January 7, 2017

Staying Warm and Dry in Front of the Computer

A crisp January morning. Actually, an odd week weather-wise - freezing rain, rain, and now minus 15 C. The freezing rain and wind ripped a few big branches from our pine and power outages went on around the city as other branches fell on power lines. This has been a good week to stay inside and write ... which I did!

I'm working on the sixth Anna Sweet novella and am at about 9500 words. Not too shabby since I started this manuscript late December. The word count for these books is 13,000 to 15,000 so I should have the draft done this week. Good news from my Grass Roots publisher as they are investigating making the Anna Sweet series into audio books. I think the books are prime candidates for this format if I say so myself.

I've booked a location and date for the Shallow End Ottawa launch so mark your calendars! Friday, April 7 from 7:00 to 9:00 p.m. in the Heart and Crown on Preston Street. I've reserved the entire front of the pub so we have lots of space to mingle, eat and hang out. Books on Beechwood will be on hand with books for purchase and I'm hoping for a big crowd to come help celebrate. I checked out the food yesterday, going for lunch with Alex Brett, and it was very good.

So curling fans will appreciate this photo of the past Canadian and world champion Marilyn Bodough with Team Homan's Lisa Weagle (full disclosure, also my daughter). The photo arrived out of the blue and made me smile. Marilyn read Cold Mourning a few months ago while on vacation in the South and sent a note to me saying she'd never read a murder mystery before but was now a convert. How sweet is that?!




No comments:

Post a Comment