Saturday, May 12, 2018

Bleeding Darkness on the Shelves!

Good Saturday morning. We're heading into a stretch of sunny, warmish spring weather here in the Ottawa Valley so spirits are lifting and gardening will soon be underway. Just in time for Mothers Day :-)

Deep into the editing this week. Shannon Whibbs sent along her edits for Turning Secrets I had until yesterday to go through them, rewrite a few bits and make my edits for Shannon to review. I finished Thursday afternoon and sent it back to her for round two. She wasn't doing a copy edit - i.e. grammar and punctuation but was looking at the plot and timeline. Another editor will be doing the copy edits. Yes, there are a few cooks working on this soup.

Needless to say, the writing was set aside and I started to get it back on track yesterday. It's taking a bit to figure out where I left off and the next steps in the plot. I'll be back at it in earnest next week.



It looks like Bleeding Darkness is making its way to readers. I received a few emails from people to let me know their copies arrive including this Twitter post from Kelly MacNaull. Kelly spearheads the annual Curling for a Cause fundraiser, an event that Ted and I have curled in every year since it started. She does an amazing job and has raised tens of thousands of dollars for local charities.

On the publicity front, my publicist Michelle Melski also set up a couple of gigs in Kingston on June 15. I'll be appearing on the CKWS tv morning show and then signing at Novel Idea bookshop from 11 a.m. to 1 p.m. the same day. I also met up with friends Bernie and Darlene on Monday and we paid a visit to the Cross on Elgin pub to meet the owner Danny and talk about the launch set up. Bernie is lead singer in the band Green Floyd, which will be entertaining us the day of. I've ordered some finger food and we figured out where Perfect Books will set up. It's a great, roomy space with a veranda so fingers crossed for a warm June day. You really should be marking it on your calendar!


No comments:

Post a Comment